JIPMER has been replaced by NEET. Candidates willing to take admission in the UG program offered by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry, can appear for NEET 2021.
Candidates qualifying NEET can participate in the counselling process of JIPMER for admission in MBBS, BDS programs. The institute also offers full-time PG and PhD courses under many specializations. Read the article to know more about JIPMER.
JIPMER 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||JIPMER MBBS replaced by NEET, conducted by NTA|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Language Medium||English Language|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||Total 180 Questions|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance Test|
Details on JIPMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should know the basic eligibility criteria for JIPMER 2021 Exam before appearing for the final exam. Eligibility criteria are set by the university based on some facts that are mentioned below.
- Citizenship of the candidate must be Indian or should be non-resident Indian
- An applicant with foreign nationality will have to take the prior permission from the Medical Council of India
- Age of the candidate must be 17 years on or before 31st December, 2021or born on or before 1st January in the year 2003.
- There will not be given any relaxation in the category of a candidate
- The candidate should be secured a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, English Language is compulsory.
- Minimum marks in 10+2 for reserved candidates like SC/ST/OBC will be 40% in aggregate
- Minimum marks for general OPH candidates will be 45% in aggregate.
- A candidate who has appeared or going to appear in the final examination or an applicant whose result is pending is eligible to apply for the JIPMER 2021 Exam
What steps need to be followed to apply for JIPMER 2021 Application Form?
The applicant will get JIPMER 2021 Application Form through online mode. The application process will be completed by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official website of the institute i.e https://www.jipmer.edu.in/Browse through all the information on the website
- Click on the examination link
- Click on the registration form
- Enter a valid email ID and a mobile number for registration
- Check and click on the login link sent by the authority
- Enter user ID and Password to log in
- After login fill up the application form with all the required details
- Select category
- Submit to proceed
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Click on the button “Preview” to recheck
- Mark the box “I Agree”
- Submit the application
- Go to the payment option
- Pay the application fee by Net Banking or Credit Card/Debit Card
- Take the print out of it.
JIPMER 2021 Documents Specification
Some important specifications for the JIPMER 2021 Application are given below.
- Photograph: There must be the name of the candidate and the date on the photograph otherwise it will not be considered
- Signature: The size of the signature will be 80mm Width X 35mm Height
- Another certificate: Caste or community certificate must be uploaded by the candidate other than UR & P-UR category
JIPMER Application Fees
|UR & P-UR||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC & P-OBC||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|EWSs & P-EWs||INR 1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST & P-SC/ST||INR 1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|NRI/OCI||INR 3000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|PwD & P-PwD||Exempted from Application Fees|
How to download JIPMER 2021 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket ?
JIPMER 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website. To download the admit card an applicant needs to enter the application number along with user ID and password. The admit card consists of many information like the name of the candidate, roll number, date of birth, name and address of the exam centre, exam date, etc.
Some steps to download the admit card are given below.
- Visit the official website of the institute
- Click on “Examination”
- Check out “JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2020”
- Go to the option “Hall Ticket”
- Enter User ID and Password to log in
- Check the admit card displayed on the screen
- Download it and also take a print out of it
JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern Details
JIPMER 2021 exam will be conducted only in online mode. All the details related to the exam pattern are given below.
- JIPMER 2021 Exam will be conducted in two shifts i.e morning and afternoon shifts
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes
- Total number of questions is 200 that is MCQ based and each correct question has 4 marks
- There are no negative marks for any incorrect answer
Section-wise question distribution is tabulated below.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
- Category : Medical Jobs